Tyler almost had a shot free 18 month check-up. He was up to date on everything but his mean old mother made him get flu shots. He handles shots well...he didn't react at all to the last one (that's better than me). The doctor pointed out that Tyler hasn't been sick yet. We are very grateful and hope this continues. Tyler loves dinosaurs and trucks. Dinosaur has become his favorite word. He is talking all the time and his vocabulary is getting bigger. Tyler is still doing well on the potty but we have a ways to go. He almost always tells me and sometimes it's in time but sometimes it's not. On average he goes in the potty a few times a day so we are happy with this for now. Tyler continues to help me with everything and I mean everything (he even gets me my towel out of the shower). Everything takes quite a bit longer than it should but it's also more fun! He has become quite the artist and I am already struggling with what to keep and what to toss. I am told by veterned mothers that most of what I have saved with be weeded out in a few years but it's so hard to toss now. We are also grateful that Tyler is always such a happy and well behaved little boy. People are constantly telling me how good he is and they ask if he is always like that, I am very proud to say that he is. On the rare occasion that he does fuss it's over in 5 seconds and we are on to whatever happens to be next. I am fearfull of the terrible twos, threes, and fours that I hear about but we'll have to conquer them when we get there. Tyler also continues to be super friendly to everyone when we are out and about. He loves attention and tries to say hi and bye to as many people as possible. I think it's great but I don't know where he gets it. Dan and I are friendly when we are out but no where even close to his level. Last weekend we went out for breakfast and on the way out he stopped and said good-bye to every table on the way to the door. Tyler does show some signs of OCD. There are so many things that he is a little obsessive about I can only name a few...any speck of dirt, paper, etc. the size of a grain of salt or larger needs to get picked up and thrown away immediately, all doors are closed at all times, shoes are only kept by the door or in closets, chairs must always be pushed in, dirty laundary should be in the hamper and clean laundary should be hung up. I could go on and on without even touching his rules regarding food. The odd thing is that these things really bother him. He seriously can't move onto something else until they are taken care of. Below he is in his new favorite dinosaur pj's.
Bryce was super active again for the doctor. Excited and worried to have two active boys. It will be nice when they are old enough to play together and give me a break! I'm still feeling great. The most exciting news is that last weekend I started to feel him move around. Between the movements and the growing tummy I am enjoying my first signs of feeling pregnant! Here is a 17 week picture. The shirt can't hide it anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment