February 18, 2009

Misc Updates

Swimming
Week 5: Tyler's best week yet! So much fun!
Week 6: Very good week. We had a substitute instructor and she was so impressed by Tyler she called him Michael Phelps (she retracted due to bad press he's received.) He is pretty comfortable with dunking. I wouldn't say he likes or dislikes it but is indifferent.
I should have used video. Tyler is splashing away.
I let Tyler try a biter biscuit to see how he would do. I wasn't sure but he qualified as being ready according to the box. He LOVED it! He gobbled it up.
Tyler has been taking more chances when standing. He often holds on with just one hand; lets go for a second and grabs back on. Here he turned around from the toy basket and has his tush leaning on the basket. And he didn't ask me for any help. I think its kind of cute when he reaches out for my hand when he wants to do something but needs help. Tyler finally started sitting from a laying position. This picture is post his first time. The empty puff container was worth it I guess. Previously he would sit from crawling or standing but never laying.
Studying his DVD.
Relaxing with Grandpa Owen. We gave Tyler one of our old cell phones and he doesn't try to get his hands on our phones as much. We have a tray in the center of our ottoman and Tyler knows I usually keep my cell phone there. He loves to climb up and get it.
Tyler about to take out all his toys.
Tyler is getting pretty good at signing 'more' and 'milk'. His hands aren't quite right but he is getting closer and is consistent. Here is a video. He does this between almost every bite. He fully understands 'milk' but I don't think he fully understands 'more' because I mostly use it while eating so I think he understands it more as 'eat' than 'more'. I will need to use it more in other situations. It's fun watching him. He doesn't show it in this video but he often smiles and has a look of accomplishment while making the signs.

I should take a video but Tyler has gotten really good at turning the page for us while we read him stories. For a while now he has tried and done ok but recently he's gotten it mastered. He just patiently waits and listens until we give him his cue to turn the page!

No comments: