January 13, 2009

7 1/2 Months

I can't believe that Tyler is already 71/2 months old! The time has gone so fast. I am loving every minute with him and am so grateful that I am able to stay home with him and see him develop. Everyday we are telling Dan something new and exciting that Tyler has done.


He still eats like a rockstar! He loves any and all veggetables so far. He was a little hesitant on some fruits but now eats them all good. Tyler eats his meats good too. A couple weeks ago he started munching while he was eating so we let him try puffs and he likes them. He is usually unsure with the first one but then is proud of himself as he eats the rest. A couple times a week I let him have a little juice, water, or milk in a sippy to keep him used to how it works. He discovered he knows how to take off his bibs if he wants too. Luckily he doesn't do this everytime because it makes feeding him a challenge.


He was sleeping really good. (7pm to 7am) Lately, he seems to get up around 4am and has trouble getting back to sleep. But eventually we are all sleeping again. Sometimes I hum to him and rub his back to get him back to sleep and now I catch him humming to himself sometimes to fall asleep.

He is working on his crawling and getting around really good. It's fun watching him decide what to play with. He used to pick what he wanted to play with by the selection I put in front of him. Now he goes and gets whatever he wants. Or crawls up to the toy basket and waits for me to let him see inside. We set up blocks around the room and he goes around and knocks them over. He tries to pull himself up on various toys and furniture but isn't there yet. He stands well hanging onto things but doesn't understand that he will fall if he backs up.

I am scared because he loves to rough house. Dan promotes this more that I do but we both enjoy getting him excited. He has such a big smile and fun giggle. He has a playful yell that he does while playing that is really cute too!


He is always curious. He likes to play with light switches, cuboard doors, anything that makes noise, etc. We go on exploration hunts around the house and find new things for him to discover.


Tyler is a little attention hound. When we are in public he picks his target and puts on a huge smile. He is a big flirt if he gets attention back and is confused if his target doesn't notice him. The other day we were eating lunch at a burger place and Tyler's smile didn't get the attention of the table near us. So he leaned over and gave a playful yell to ensure there attention. When they talked to him his smile went from ear to ear. Just in general he likes to people watch when we are out and about. I watch his eyes follow people around.


We had to get Tyler a bigger car seat. His legs were getting to long and he is getting close to the weight limit. According to my calculations the other day he is 19.2 lbs and 27 inches long.

Tonight starts swimming lessons! He loves to play in the bath tub and splash around so I am excited to see what he thinks of the pool.

No comments: