March 13, 2011

ready for spring

Great weather meant lots of outside fun this week. The zoo, park, walks, bikes, and of course splashing in the melting snow puddles. We are so anxious for spring!
Tyler decided he should shovel the remaining snow piles but they were big chucks of ice...
...so he decided he should ride his bike on them.
Bryce agreed it looked like fun and wanted to join Tyler.
Found this guy across the street.
@ the zoo with friends.
When the weather isn't so nice we enjoy feeling like it's warm at the Domes.
Painting pottery.
Bryce can now move FORWARD in his walker, cars, etc! Our walls will never be the same ;) but he steers surprisingly well and moves from room to room with ease. It is so much fun watching him explore at this new height level without needing his hands for support.
cookies!
Captain Tyler
Tyler and I sat down and I was going to show him how to write 'mom' but to my excitment he did it by himself. He knows his letters and I knew he could verbally spell 'mom' but I was unprepared for him to put it together on his own...not sure why. (Writing them correctly still needs a little work though.)
Oh Bryce...someday you'll get to do the dishes.
Tyler instructing Daddy to get him some cheese for the eggs.
The boys were playing in Tyler's room. I heard the door close so I went to see what they were up to and found Bryce looking at a closed door. Poor Bryce but...Tyler was very patient for a pretty long time before he kicked Bryce out.
Bryce can't wait to play soccer too! It is so hard for him to watch the older kids play ball and not be able to join them.


No comments: